The commercial launch of the “iWatch”, as it’s been dubbed but not officially named, could launch as early as October, according to sources.
Details of Apple’s first foray into the much-hyped wearable tech arena have been revealed by more than one unnamed source.
Here’s what's been rumoured about the device:
- Apple expects to ship 50m devices in the first year, although these estimates could change.
- The watch is now at a trial stage
- It has a 2.5-inch diagonal and is “slightly rectangular” and will “protrude slightly from the band, creating an arched shape”.
- It has a touch interface.
- Wireless charging will be supported.
- It will only work with other Apple devices for tasks such as messaging.
- Quanta will be the main producer of the device.
- LG Display will initially make the screen.